Monday, January 21, 2013

#47 of 50 "For You Daddy"

"For You Daddy", Watercolor, Acrylic & Ink, 5"x 5"    SOLD
I was probably only 8 years old when my folks, my brother and I took a trip to Sacramento to see my Aunt Helen & Uncle Ralph. We were all very excited to see the "BEST" store on Arden Way. Household items were on the list but my Dad decided to buy a banjo. It came with a music book to teach you how to play it and "pick" a few tunes. This painting is very symbolic as it includes "paintings on the wall" of the American flag, his love for fishing, working in the oil fields and being on the tractor day and night to raise many crops plus Bell Carter Olives. It also got printed on his new business cards. He gave one to Robin at the coffee shop saying "This is my life". She was very impressed. This one's "For You Daddy". Thank You for all you do!

1 comment:

  1. Very fun painting. Lots of information, lots of memories......

    ReplyDelete