Thursday, January 17, 2013

#46 of 50 "For You Mom"

"For You Mom", Watercolor, Acrylic & Ink, 5"x 5"   SOLD
Aloha! I love Hawaii. As soon as I step off the plane, I feel "almost" like I'm coming home. My Great Grandma was born in Maui and my Grandma was born in Hilo. Though they came to Califorina when she was only 2, there is still a huge connection to the islands. Mom and I had a great trip there in 2008. We sipped Blue Hawaiian's and Peach Daiquiri's and enjoyed lots of seafood almost every night. The luau was spectacular and the cruise around Diamond Head was beautiful. However, the best memory for me was being under the Banyan Tree in Maui knowing Great Grandma and Grandma had also enjoyed the island breeze in that same spot. This one with the ukelele in it is "For You Mom".

No comments:

Post a Comment