Tuesday, May 15, 2012

#42 of 50 "Light & Lively"

"Light & Lively", Watercolor, Acrylic & Ink, 5"x 5"   Available
"Light & Lively"  One thing I always notice at any musical or theatrical event is the lighting. It probably comes from all those years I re-adjusted lights at my gallery. This painting has been in my head since I walked in the sand at Doran Beach, Bodega Bay last weekend. I wanted to do something jazzy with directed light. I really debated about the black background. I didn't want it to get too dark but it actually makes it pop. The stage is highlighted but it's the instruments that are the focus. My month of May focus is to walk up town more often, clean up my patio and finish this series. I made a huge list a couple of months ago of things I wanted to accomplish this year. I then divided them up month by month. What is your focus this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment