Sunday, May 6, 2012

#40 of 50 "Choral Bouquet"

"Choral Bouquet", Watercolor, Acrylic & Ink, 5"x 5"   Available
"Choral Bouquet" The hot color this year is suppose to be coral. I woke up wanting to paint something in this color and this is what appeared. I have tried to do flutes before but this is the first that anyone has ever seen. My last attempt was ok until I added the drizzled acrylic over the top and then ... it just didn't work. I always wanted to play the flute. In school I played clarinet for 5 years but the first chance I had, I took a short summer class to learn the flute. At my gallery, Wolfard & Co., I carried an artist who made beautiful flutes. He made them out of exotic hardwoods like Ebony, Zebrawood, Mahogany and Koa. I treasure the Ebony Flute that I have on my piano. The wood makes it have a real grounded earthy tone.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that you played the clarinet , I also did but for only one year or two. Nice painting, another cool concept. You must be saying, "only ten more to go". Well, I will be contacting you soon about another cool concept painting for you, and I can't wait to see it! Ed

    ReplyDelete