Wednesday, February 1, 2012

There's Always Blue Sky

From My Sketchbooks - Airplane Sketch, Year 2000
There's Always Blue Sky I was driving to work this morning and the clouds were low across the Alexander Valley mountains. But up high I could see blue sky. It reminded me of flying. If you get up high enough, there's always blue sky. Well, unless you're on a red eye. HaHa. I have to say I'm not a fan of flying but I love to go. To distract me from basic fear and stress, I sketch the inside of the planes. I have so many sketches of plane interiors that I could probably have a show of just that. One of my favorite paintings of Georgia O'Keefe's hangs in the Chicago Art Institute. It's blue sky above puffy clouds. She was inspired to paint this on one of her many trips to New York to see Alfred Stieglitz and his Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment