Thursday, February 2, 2012

#26 of 50 "Making It Sing"

"Making It Sing", Watercolor & Acrylic, 500# Paper, 5"x 5" SOLD
"Making It Sing" Golden warm moody colors make this saxophone want to sing. I'm not a big fan of the color yellow. I don't decorate with yellow, I don't particularly like yellow flowers and I don't wear the color yellow. But sometimes to achieve golden hues, I have to use yellow paint. You would think that yellow would sell in sunny California but at the Buyer's Market I had to be very careful not to buy it. My clientele at the gallery didn't decorate in yellow either. But, they loved Chico glassblower, Richard Satava's buttercream vases or the golden rich browns of Sonoma County's potter, Joel Bennett. The weather we are having this winter I guess has inspired those warm Tuscan colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment