Tuesday, January 31, 2012

#25 of 50 "Concerto"

"Concerto", Watercolor, Acrylic & Ink, 500# Paper, 5"x 5" SOLD
"Concerto"  #25! I'm halfway to my goal. Before I started this "challenge", I thought that maybe each one should reflect something significant from each year of my life. I could paint my little red tennis shoes that I had as a baby, the olive trees that I helped plant in our orchard or my travels back east to buy art for my gallery. I soon realized, however, that what  I've been wanting to do is create a body of work for my "Music Series". I've been painting musically themed designs since 1992. I've had shows throughout California, my work sold well at a gallery in Austin, TX and I was chosen to do the Sedona Jazz Festival poster. This "challenge" is demanding but it's evolving the "Music Series" to a new level. I feel so blessed and thankful to be painting - it's what I love to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment