Monday, January 30, 2012

#24 of 50 "Stand Up"

"Stand Up", Watercolor & Acrylic, 500# Paper, 5"x 5" SOLD
"Stand Up" When I was painting this, I thought of Dave Matthews CD titled "Stand Up". Great music at a time when I needed great music! I like the mood of this guitar and the contrast of the grey forefront and backdrop reversing from light to dark. Last night, Mom & I enjoyed a delicious Chicken Marsala dinner with the sounds of the Gary Johnson Jazz Quintet at Ruth McGowan's, 131 East First St., Cloverdale, CA. It was such a treat to hear live music and we loved their spotlight solos. They played the saxophone & flute, drums, bass and an electric guitar. Music transports you in time and mood. What struck me is that the notes were so clear they resonated with the crowd. It's nice to be somewhere where everyone wanted to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment