Monday, April 30, 2012

First Ever "Jazz Day" is Today!

Kathleen Rose, Watercolor, Acrylic & Ink, 5"x5"  SOLD

25. Concerto, Watercolor, Acrylic & Ink, 5"x5"  SOLD
Well, I have to say that I've missed blogging. Since the show March 24, 2012, I've been painting special orders and dealing with life stuff that just piled up. I'm back on track and happy to be back! "Kathleen Rose" is a Sonoma County Harvest Fair Gold Medal winner. The proprietors of one of the Hudson Street Wineries special ordered #25 Concerto adding the feature of their winning wine and a black and white checkerboard floor. Check out their website:  kelleyyoungwines.com.  Today is the very first International Jazz Day - April 30, 2012. It is being celebrated in New Orleans, New York and Paris. Herbie Hancock, hosting the New Orleans festivities, says that jazz is a form of conversation; a dialogue between players and audience. Music is the universal language. This caught my eye because I say the same thing in my Artist Statement. You can take a look at today's news at: jazzday.com.   I'd like to Thank All Of You who purchased a painting from this series so far. I was very touched when someone in Virginia sent me 2 of their CD's to add to my rotating 60 CD player. He plays bass and his wife plays piano. Great treat and more inspiring music! The wine country is gorgeous in this California sunshine. I trimmed my 3 tiered topiary on the patio but otherwise painted all weekend. #39 of 50 in the series will post next.   

No comments:

Post a Comment