Thursday, March 1, 2012

#34 of 50 "Special Request"

"Special Request", Watercolor & Acrylic, 500# Paper, 5" x 5" SOLD
"Special Request" I played the clarinet for 5 years in school and this is the very first time in 20 years that I've actually painted one. I don't know why. I like the clarinet and have sketched it many times but it just didn't appear in any paintings until now. I took Band from Mr. Fairlee, the Music Teacher from the 5th - 9th grades. Necia, Kelly & I sat in a row with our clarinets in position keeping our reeds in place. We traveled and marched in parades. Great memories! This painting feels like someone has just asked for a "Special Request" tune while they enjoy a glass of Chardonnay and take a peek at the appetizer menu. You'll notice the silver accents on the clarinet; I actually used a silver acrylic paint to make it shine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment