Wednesday, February 29, 2012

#33 of 50 "New Orleans Jazz"

"New Orleans Jazz", Watercolor, Acrylic & Ink, 5"x 5"    Available
"New Orleans Jazz"  This morning I woke up wanting to paint loosely with color. I painted this standing up; it allows my arm to be free and creates a more expressionistic look. It's N'Awlins flavor reminds me of a trip I took visiting the French Quarter. Pat O'Brien's has dueling piano's and great drinks next time you're there. Visit: patobriens.com. The sky was blue and the saxophone players seemed to be at every corner. The doors and windows of every establishment were open so the music fills Bourbon Street. My sketchbook got a workout on this trip! I took a Swamp Tour and was relieved when the crocodiles weren't showing up in the murky brown swamp waters. But "Captain Terry" surprised us all with a baby croc on board! I remember screaming!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment