Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sedona Jazz Festival Poster

Sedona, Arizona Poster Design, Lori Mole, 2002
Sedona, Arizona's "Jazz on the Rocks"

Back in 1997, I had heard that Sedona was looking for artists to create their poster design for their annual Jazz Festival. So I sent in a few cards with my "Music Series" images. Their wasn't a contest or deadline; I had just heard that they accept artists images. I got a surprising phone call 5 years later. Their huge file of artists was being reviewed by the Board of Directors and they chose me. I flew down to the Festival and for 3 days I signed posters, programs and shirts. It was great fun meeting everyone and seeing some excellent jazz musicians. I remember one guy buying a poster insisted that I had created my design on the computer because it was so perfect. I finally got him to understand that it was my original watercolor painting. I have some of these posters left so they will also be available at my upcoming March 24 show at Hudson Street Wineries.

No comments:

Post a Comment